laptops, overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatepunk834

Solid State Member
Hey i just bought an emachines 2350 laptop with a amd2800+processor, 512 ddr2700,60gig hd, ati 64mb video card, etc. I wanted to know if this thing will overheat or have something happen to it if i choose to leave it on 24/7, ocassionally shutting it down 2 or 3 nights a week. I like to be able to ftp my files and stuff from school, leave my screen name on, and download things and just leave it on. If i put on like a screen saver or power saver thing will I be okay? I jsut dont want it to overheat or fry anything inside cuz I left it on. Anybody know anything?

I don't have an emachine but I do have an HP pavilion notebook with a P4 that I've had for about 3 years now. I leave mine on 24/7/365 pretty much, unless I have to take it somewhere. I've never had a problem with it overheating, but I only recently downloaded speed fan to check the temp. But like I said, 3 years now and not one single temp related problem. I do keep my laptop raised just slightly off of the table it sits on so that the fans over the processor and can draw in cool air and blow it out the side. I would think that as long as you do something similar to allow good airflow you'll be alright.

You shouldnt have a problem, make sure to keep it raised and the temperature low surrounding it

Not good for it however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom