"Out of Scan Range"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Hello all,

I just installed Vampire: Bloodlines on my new comp, but I'm having trouble getting the game started. The install went fine, but when I try to play the game my screen goes black and I get a small 'info' box that pops up.

The 'info' box says............"Monitor working properly".."Out of scan range, change PC settings". What the heck does that mean? I NEVER had that happen to me with this game on my old comp. My new comp easily covers the system reqs for the game.

Any Ideas?

I've never experienced this problem, but it sounds like that it first checks to see if the monitor is working properly(which it says it is) and then sees that the PC settings are wrong. That would lead me to believe that it's a resolution problem. Check and see if the game has a recommended resolution and then change your monitor setting to match. Hope that works. If not someone here smarter than I will sure post here and help you. Good luck.

Thanks g-unit. I've checked the resolution and everything seems to be fine. It's weird...................I'm stumped.

on the icon of your game on your desktop that u click on to load, right click on it and go to properties

under the "shortcut" tab under target, there's this command that's in quotations, go to the end of it (after the last quotation), space, and then type in -console, press ok, and see if it works

Thanks, diabloII.

Didn't work. I typed in console, but no luck. It's crazy. The game ran fine on my old comp, but now with my 'super' comp.................no luck. :)

Alright..........I typed in -console and it worked...................BUT, only for a few seconds. WTH!!!! This is rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom