Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ninjas!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
How long do you think it will be until technology brings us to a Dual/Dual Core application? Running 2 Dual Core Processors in a Server or a Desktop?

I thought current applications could make use of dual core CPUs. My machine uses Hyperthreading which is like an emulated dual core.

Considering the fact that the current AMD socket 939 and socket 940 support dual core processors, and that there are dual socket 940 boards on the market, I presume that we shall see this enviroment when dual core Opeterons are introduced, which is this coming week I believe?

Intel HT processors fool the OS into thinking that the PC has 2 processors. Dual Core Processors are actually to CPU's in one die.
I'm taking about having a MOBO that supports installing (2) Dual Core Processors. Of course software would have to support it too.

LOL - Ok, (2) Intel 3.2GHz Dual Core CPU's with Hyperthreading Enabled. That's a total of 8 CPU's.

LOL - Wanna edit some videos?

The end of the year is when Intel releases there's, Redhat, Novell and Sun will all support the dual cores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom