Hidden Partition for OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Cyber

Baseband Member
Ok what I would like to do is simplify the process of formatting my hard drive in the future by having the OS (2000 or XP) cd contents on a hidden partition on my hard drive. I got this idea from the two laptops I own where If I need to reformat and reinstall the OS that I simply reboot the system and choose "Reinstall OS".

I would also like to do this for my clients who purchase custome systems from my company along with either and OS they own or an OS that they purchase from me.

I know this can be done but am not sure how to set it up.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

You could set up a linux partition and reinstall the OS off of that!

(Just an idea, not sure how it'd be done.....)

I know its not a very elegant solution, but you could create a partition at the end of the drive, then use something like TweakUI to hide the drive. This method will hide it in windows but not in true DOS which is probably what you would want, in order to be able to access it for a reinstall.

Samm said:
I know its not a very elegant solution, but you could create a partition at the end of the drive, then use something like TweakUI to hide the drive. This method will hide it in windows but not in true DOS which is probably what you would want, in order to be able to access it for a reinstall.

Or:
Start>run>diskmgmt.msc
Rightclick the partition to remove the driveletter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom