Gigabyte 6600GT OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Hey i have a gigabyte 6600GT PCI-E version and it can pass the nvidia test 591/1.23 how can i test if this is stable and should i set it this high???

3d mark 05. dependin how good the cooling is i dont think it will manage that when tested. mine couldnt manage 590 like the test sed so had to bak down to 560 :(

Personally, i would just look around yahoo/google for some OC reviews. Thats what i do, you'll find tons of info that way. I test my OC myself too. I run benchmarks first. Then i go from video games to programs. You can see how stable it is, and the increase.

when i played kotor1 it ran fine but froze for a few seconds every few seconds is this somthing i can fix?? and the average reviews said that about 560/1.16 were what they got.

if it's lagging in kotor1 (and by lagging I mean what you're talking about where it does that freeze crap) then you've pushed it too far and need to back it down.

why do you people OC? all it does is squeeze a few fps out. its not even worth the risk. you buy these cards for their performance. if their not fast enough than you bought the wrong card, get the faster one. but frying a chip to get 3 extra fps or 100 extra points in a benchmark isn't worth it. can someone please explain why you people are so quick to OC?

Sw1tCh[FX], OC is very useful. If you know what your doing, like most of us do. Only experience can prove that. It will not be dangerous. People that have no knowledge of OC, think OC is some extremely dangerous thing. Its not at all.

Why do i OC? Because instead of buying the best processor, i can simply OC. I have an AMD64 4000, thats AMD's second best processor. My processor runs at 2.4ghz stock. I have reached 2.8ghz with OC, it was not completely stable though. I can run 2.77ghz stable. That beats AMD's fastest processor slightly. Personally, with OC my processor can lead with the future processors. As of rite now, i have the best AMD64 processor. But the 4200 is soon on its way. Running at 2.6ghz, witch i still beat.

For us OC. We built our own computers. Then we OC our computers. Leading processors that cost 200-400+ more dollars then what we have. Do you have any idea how that feels? Creating something alot better then what it is. But for myself, as long as i can i'll be trying to beat the next new processors AMD shoots out. Then after that, i can be happy my system is above average. Then i can upgrade, and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom