BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB PCI-E *VS* BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautiphil

In Runtime
hey guys i was wondering if you can help me out with this one..... can someone tell me the differences between both of them and would i notice a big difference if i got the BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB PCI-E

thanks guys :D

You can just OC the GT to ultra speeds
Exactly, I have that BFG 6800GT and it will OC to the ultra speeds no problem. Isn't the Ultra like a $100 extra bucks? Not worth it IMO.

Yeah I just benched my GT at Ultra speeds last night since it's nice and cool at night. Took it like a champ, raised my various benchmarking scores more than I thought it would....except for Aquamark, which I'm guessing is a little bit more system based than 3dmark05 which is basically all GPU based

EDIT: If you have really good cooling on that Ultra it'll want to OC even higher because it's got that 2nd molex connector so that it can reach those higher OC's with a stable amount of voltage. But you'd need a pretty good cooler and difference in temps to achieve that. Also I know a few people at xtremesystems who flash their Ultras with GT BIOS's because GT's have faster RAM timings ;) or so says them haha

omg nubius im jelouse u manage to get a water cooling system (even if it sucked) a 6600GT and now a 6800GT LUCKY

on the topic get the 6800GT and oc it

I really dont think having a second molex would help an OC, comeon until recently GT's held the world 03 record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom