G5-Intel...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwert

In Runtime
How do I compare the speeds of Mac G5 to Intel P4? Since it appears as if not only clocking speeds, but FSB is varing between chips what would I do to compare?

meh

dual G5's own p4's (~3 times as fast in some adobe software)

dual G5's are on par with t3h intel xeons

you should just try googling "g5 vs intel" or something

Well yeah but Dual G5's are expensive (And faster then I need). This computer is for my sister, she just needs one, she can basically do stuff on... I don't know how to explain it better, she needs more then basic applications, but not too much more, just a little of everything...

I mean a single G5 compared to a 3.0GHZ P4 (I don't know the number, 520, 530, something like that?)

depends on what your doing, if your doing a heavily intensive floating point math task the G5's dont do all that well really compared to x86 cpu's, they definitely hold their own with graphics and internal bandwidth though

unfortunatley there's no real good way to compare the two in enough areas with decent benchmarks to get a clear picture as far as ive found, all the tests done by apple are skewed in their favor and vice a versa with intel or amd

the dual G5 setup was very very briefly at the top of the heap when they hit the market, but not anymore, bang for the buck wise theyve never been at the top

If your using a mac for what you should (image, audio and video) yeah a single is ALOT worse.

DJ-CHRIS said:
If your using a mac for what you should (image, audio and video) yeah a single is ALOT worse.
It's for that + basic applications, but nothing very intensive...

Also what about RAM, is that also the same or are there some decent sized differences...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom