Which Motherboard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx416

Baseband Member
The time has come where I want to build my own computer. I have looked around and I really don't understand what motherboard or cpu would be good for me. I use my computer mainly for surfing the web, writing papers, playing music/movies and everyonce in a while I use it for playing games. I'm not sure what motherboard or cpu would be good for me?

I would suggest a DFI motherboard, stick with Intel. AMD is not the greatest with multiple apps. But neither is Intel. I suggest a DFI motherboard, and at least a 2.4 ghz processor.

DFI, Abit, and MSI all make nice mobos. and yes, if thats what u r gonna be doing, intel would be better. i would err on the side of caution and reccommend a 3.0ghz P4. once u get to 3.0ghz, nothing will be bottlenecked by ur CPU. How much $$$ are u willing to spend?

you're dumb.

amd owns in intel in gaming and BARELY falls behind (oh yea, you're going to notice a second or two) in multi-taking

in addition, he probably won't even multi-task, and if he does, all he needs is 1 gig of ram

and amd costs WAY less than intel

go with a dfi lanparty motherboard or abit an8, a winchester 3000+ or 3200+ and one gig of twinmos ram

Can't suggest a motherboard until we know the socket you're looking for.

You don't seem to need a lot of horsepower based on what you need to accomplish, and in my opinion, you'd be absolutely fine and save a lot of money in an Athlon XP or older Pentium 4 on socket 478.

At the most, an Athlon 64 2800+ or Pentium 2.8GHz, but you're not gonna be taxing it a lot so you really don't need any record breakers...

He doesnt need all that crap. What the hell would he do with a lanparty. All he needs is an infinity board. If your gonna start a flame war, bring it on dude. Yea your right AMD does cost less, but he probably isnt gonna be gaming that much. I was just throwing out an idea. So step off.

And when did I say AMD doesnt own when it comes to games? How old are you kid? You need to settle down.

in gaming, amd will get few more fps
in tasking, intel will be faster by few seconds
amd costs way less

amd is the way to go. i win.

Pentium-M has been release and acording to a Computer Magainze it quotes "Is This The Fastest Gaming Processer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom