6800 GT power connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you are running an agp mobo setup? Why do you need a 24 pin atx connector?
I am and I don't, I simply said I had the adapter, not that I use it :p

It says to 'to better overclock,' but in the PSU topic someone said it might mean 500watts not in the 'true power' Antec way.
Crazy, it's mainly the +12v line that's making the difference, if you got 20a or above you should be good to go

ive never known the 6800 GT to really be that demanding of power to need a separate power connecter. my vid card does, but it doesnt really matter. if ur gonna run a 6800 GT or above, i might recommend 25a on the +12v rail. i like to play it safe.

ive never known the 6800 GT to really be that demanding of power to need a separate power connecter.
???? Wha? They all have a seperate power connector dude lol...the Ultras have two molex connectors for the AGP

for some reason i keep telling you guys the wrong thing. anyway your right its got one connector that connects to the graphix card. it then splits into two male 4 pin connectors, i checked them both they are both male. also i plugged them both into power connectors. i can play far cry now without it crashing immediatly, so i'm assuming i was suppose to do that. also it is pci-e.

Nubius said:
???? Wha? They all have a seperate power connector dude lol...the Ultras have two molex connectors for the AGP

lol i know they do. i just though that with a GT that the power connector was absolutely necessary, just a failsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom