PSU, Static, Noise, Crashes! All in one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidemm

Solid State Member
Hey gang,

Thank you for reading through this.

I have posted a question here once before regarding an ailing PSU. It just died and I replaced it with a new 450 watt Rosewill PSU. That didn't work either. I sent it back and got a replacement. I have installed it.

Here are my new issues:

I'm still getting random shut-downs :mad:

I turned down the CPU a little and it seems to be a little more stable. I can boot into windows! I can post this message!

Now some questions:

I'm getting a funny high-pitched noise from my computer now that I have the new PSU in it. It seems to get louder when the machine is doing something. There are no mechanical parts involved during idle time so I'm not sure what's causing the squeek. Any suggestions?

With the new PSU installed, when ever I scroll through a window in IE, I get static noise through the speakers. Any suggestions?

I was reading through some help forums and found that there might be a problem with my old Mobo and my new PSU. I got an old ECS K7VMA board that's 100Mhz FSB. Runs a AMD Athlon T-Bird 1000MHz. Might the PSU be putting too much current in, or some such thing? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for reading.

That high pitched noise is you CPU frequency. I'm not entirely sure what it means, you;ll have to get Nubius or TheMajor up in here to answer that one. Rather sure it's a sign of impending hardware failure. And ECS, I have had several problems with. No need to reinstall windows, as it is a hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom