6800GT has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to say but I dont think this will EVER happen but here's a better idea

Since your the mobile CPU kinda guy, get a 3400+ DTR and the Nforce 3 SKT 754 board, and Overclock
Nah, I don't want socket 754, especially since these venice cores will run so cool with so little voltage anyway theres really no point. I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE that mobile moves to socket 939 though, that'd be the shizzzzzz.

How much was your price difference on your trade in ?
The difference between the 6600GT ($199 at the time) and the 6800GT at eVGAs site which is $399 so I had to pay $200

lol, I wouldn't consider myself 'lucky' per se.......it's not like I was handed this card on a silver platter lol. This system I currently have is the best system I've ever had.

Before this I had the 2400+ XP with 256mb of PC2700 with a Gf2 Ti 64mb.

before that I had a 750MHz duron with like 768mb of PC133 and for part of the time onboard graphics until I got that Gf2 Ti mentioned above

Before that an Intel 133 with I don't even know what in it haha, but at the time 500MHz or so was the top performer.

Before that a 65MHz Macintosh with 8mb of RAM upgraded to a whopping 16mb of RAM and of course I have no idea what kind of 'graphics' it had in there.

It's taken me a very long time and being behind everyone else before I could even get a computer this good which hell still could be AMD64 for memory bandwidth and whatnot, but it plays games maxed out so I can't complain :D

There's 15 year old kids who just have AMD64's and 6800GT's with a 1gb of memory just given to them. Now that's lucky or more than not....spoiled :p

dun wanna sound like a spoiled brat, but heres my story. i am a 15 year old kid with an amd athlon 64 3200 with 2 gigs of RAM and an X850 XT. My parents didnt pay for a single cent. no siree, i worked for several years to get the cash to pay for something i really wanted. only when i was 14 was i able to get a real job, and that helped. im not spoiled.

dhw200 said:
dun wanna sound like a spoiled brat, but heres my story. i am a 15 year old kid with an amd athlon 64 3200 with 2 gigs of RAM and an X850 XT. My parents didnt pay for a single cent. no siree, i worked for several years to get the cash to pay for something i really wanted. only when i was 14 was i able to get a real job, and that helped. im not spoiled.

Since you worked for it, your not spoiled, but its those who have their parents just buy it for them that are spoiled.

Yeah what beedub said, the age has nothing to do with it per se, it's the ones that have it given to them, not working for it.

Don't know how you can get a job at 14 though lol, places I checked around here didn't want me until I was 17 =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom