Not open for further replies.
jakeslake said:
well....
am am just finishing up my new computer
i chose intel...
but all together it was $530
whad ya think? ll
V

...and... how much does it suck???? ..compared to an athlon system for $530???:p

ok, there HAS been proof that AMD just PWNS intel right in the @$$, it's just that people who have intel won't admit that their computer sucks, it's ok, it's human nature, i mean you don't want to make yourself look stupid, even if in your mind you know that your intel is $#it and you want an AMD. It is kind of like PS2 vs. Xbox, my friend keeps arguing that PS2 is better but he has no proof, till one day I showed him the real specs fo the systems, i didn't even comment, now he knows the real answer, something I could have told him before... and I did, but he didn't accept it..

ok, there HAS been proof that AMD just PWNS intel right in the @$$, it's just that people who have intel won't admit that their computer sucks, it's ok, it's human nature, i mean you don't want to make yourself look stupid, even if in your mind you know that your intel is $#it and you want an AMD. It is kind of like PS2 vs. Xbox, my friend keeps arguing that PS2 is better but he has no proof, till one day I showed him the real specs fo the systems, i didn't even comment, now he knows the real answer, something I could have told him before... and I did, but he didn't accept it..

Hey calm down, we dont wanna start a flame war.

When i bought my console, i had a choice, PS2 or XBOX. I Knew XBOX has way better specs, but i simply liked the games on PS2 better, thats what it comes down to.

Im sure he has a reason for buying Intel on such a cheap system. Hes probly not a gamer so the real performance increases of AMD wont be so evident because games is where AMD shines.

Wayne

amd?

i am not at all saying that i dont like amd.. i want to. but in the past i had amd durron (~$30) i was being a chepo. and it broke in 4 months, and then i got another amd cpu for the pc (~$40) and within a week it broke. i dont understand, they were all cheap, not in a box but i dont want a system to be unstable if i get a new one.

here is why im saying this, im going to build a comp for my cusin (gaming pc) and i would like to put good graphics in it but i just made a pc for my aunt with intel's lga 775 prescott 3.0ghz and it is kepping up in the 150's temp... its running stabble.. i guess but i dont like it that high temp.. so any way i would put him up with the older 478 socket intel but it does not support pci-e and it sounds like thats great for graphics cards. this system is going to cost ~$2000 so give me any solutions, exept water cooling , i dont wanna deal with that. e-mail me if you want at fire_the_samuel@yahoo.com

Re: amd?

samuel said:
i am not at all saying that i dont like amd.. i want to. but in the past i had amd durron (~$30) i was being a chepo. and it broke in 4 months, and then i got another amd cpu for the pc (~$40) and within a week it broke. i dont understand, they were all cheap, not in a box but i dont want a system to be unstable if i get a new one.

if you only pay 30 bucks for a cpu, don't expect to do anything... if you were gonna buy an Intel for $30 it would break down in one day, at least the AMD lasted for a week... :p

waynejkruse10 said:
Hey calm down, we dont wanna start a flame war.

When i bought my console, i had a choice, PS2 or XBOX. I Knew XBOX has way better specs, but i simply liked the games on PS2 better, thats what it comes down to.

Im sure he has a reason for buying Intel on such a cheap system. Hes probly not a gamer so the real performance increases of AMD wont be so evident because games is where AMD shines.

Wayne

hey, i used consoles as an example... but in case you didn't know, PC games run on both AMD and Intel, so you can't say you like some games so that is why you go with Intel...

hey, i used consoles as an example... but in case you didn't know, PC games run on both AMD and Intel, so you can't say you like some games so that is why you go with Intel...

Yes but not all PS2 games are on XBOX, and vice versa.

Re: Re: amd?

pc_boy said:
if you only pay 30 bucks for a cpu, don't expect to do anything... if you were gonna buy an Intel for $30 it would break down in one day, at least the AMD lasted for a week... :p

talk about biased. I have an intel p1 233 from 94 i think and its still working, i paid $3 for it. I also have a k6-2+ from around that time so ya, who made the cpu has no effect on its lifetime, its all silicone/metal/plastic.

Originally posted by dhw200
if ur gonna game, AMD has burned intel in practiclly every gaming test.

people still dont look at those pentium mobile benchmarks :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom