what AGP card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
ok forum dudes - have just purchased a mobo K7VT4A PRO and it doesn't have onboard graphics. I don't play games - only want the screen to just work - I have a Sony flat screen with media engine thing - the mobo only accepts 1.5v AGP8x cards - I am looking on ebay - what size memory do I need to just get a screen to work as you would expect doing normal file type things with 1024 x 768 res - don't want to spend any money really - are there any other issues I should think about like Hz of the screen etc. or is this quite standard....Any help's good!!

If your going the e-bay route just pick up an mx440 they run you 20$, 64 or 128 wont matter for you.

if i get a 32Mb AGP4x will this be compatible and will it be any good - there are some on ebay for £1 - I just want to be able to see the screen

#1 Shawn he is in the UK, newegg will not be good for him.

#2 That isnt a great price for that card

Yeah, any 32 meg card should work, but they will be higher than 1$ by the time the bid ends, trust me :)

thanx for those suggestion have had a look- trying to make up my mind - how do know that they are 1.5volt - will any AGP do or does it have to be 4x or 8x (mobo supports 8x) and will less than 32mb lead to any display issues even with only simple use.. eg no games - be patient with me - I haven't got a scooby about GPU's!!

Eh, take a picture of your AGP slot for me so I can make sure a 4x card will work

Usually they support 8x and 4x but this one maybee different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom