6800GT has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude cant belive you got an agp card ure gonna poop when u go to upgrade and u get a PCI-e and ure like shit....

BTW anyone that gets a SLI dual core cpu board when they come out ide like to see that gonna be like 500 just for the board lol?

Thats a ***** much for me and the CPU costs? woooh! the CPU be a lot and then two GT's or two Ultras?! wooh 1000 dollars just for the vid cards.

All in all unless i win the lottery too much money for me. SLI and dual core a ways away anyway.

NickBrown7804 said:
Dude cant belive you got an agp card ure gonna poop when u go to upgrade and u get a PCI-e and ure like shit....

BTW anyone that gets a SLI dual core cpu board when they come out ide like to see that gonna be like 500 just for the board lol?

Thats a ***** much for me and the CPU costs? woooh! the CPU be a lot and then two GT's or two Ultras?! wooh 1000 dollars just for the vid cards.

All in all unless i win the lottery too much money for me. SLI and dual core a ways away anyway.

nooooooooooob.

nForce 3 boards are still very good/fairly new

I got a question for you Nubius,how did you get fps in Doom3?
bring down console using ctrl+shift+~ then type in com_showfps 1

Diablo - lol.....I might not have said it as bluntly but yeah that's pretty much the truth.

Not really....PCI-E isn't even widely used yet. AGP is still the vast majority of the market. Like Diablo said nf3 isn't old at all it's just not TOP KNOTCH of course, but it's still an upgrade from socket A.

A socket 939 DFI nf3 board with a venice or sandiego core CPU OC'd to 2.6+GHz and RAM at DDR500 or more and I can guarantee it'll destroy any other system unless that system is overclocked too..........but with the current cards, there is no freakin difference between PCI-E and AGP, those PCI-E cards can't even fully utilize the bandwidth so whats the point? I'd have to get a new PSU just to power the stupid thing too.

This way I can get a mobo and CPU and bam, I'm AMD64, 2 years from now when the system becomes 'slow' then by that time I'll be ready for a new CPU and mobo anyway so then I can go for PSU, new graphics and the whole shibang

Little update.........I couldn't resist OC'ing lol I never do. It's nice and cool out right now since its 1am, window open, feet freezing, box fan in the computer so it's the perfect time to OC!

Doin Ultra speeds 401/1101

New scores:

3dmark03 - 12,025
3dmark05 - 5,410
Aquamark - 58,888

:D

Nubius said:
Little update.........I couldn't resist OC'ing lol I never do. It's nice and cool out right now since its 1am, window open, feet freezing, box fan in the computer so it's the perfect time to OC!

Doin Ultra speeds 401/1101

New scores:

3dmark03 - 12,025
3dmark05 - 5,410
Aquamark - 58,888

:D

WOW THATS THE PWNAGE

Nubius said:

A socket 939 DFI nf3 board with a venice or sandiego core CPU OC'd to 2.6+GHz and RAM at DDR500 or more and I can guarantee it'll destroy any other system unless that system is overclocked too..........but with the current cards, there is no freakin difference between PCI-E and AGP, those PCI-E cards can't even fully utilize the bandwidth so whats the point? I'd have to get a new PSU just to power the stupid thing too.

This way I can get a mobo and CPU and bam, I'm AMD64, 2 years from now when the system becomes 'slow' then by that time I'll be ready for a new CPU and mobo anyway so then I can go for PSU, new graphics and the whole shibang

I am sorry to say but I dont think this will EVER happen but here's a better idea

Since your the mobile CPU kinda guy, get a 3400+ DTR and the Nforce 3 SKT 754 board, and Overclock :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom