6800GT has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant your 6800's clock/memory frequencies

Oh, and I know you're on a socket A setup, that's why I'm curious to know what your card is running at...
oh lol, stock frequencies, 350/1000

Although I said this with the 6600GT :p I'm going to attempt to wait atleast a week to OC it for burn in time, although considering it's getting hot here I think I'd have to limit my OC'ing to night time with the window open lol.

yea, your socket A is holding you back

my 6600gt can hit 55.3k stock with the right drivers (forgot which, i tested pretty much all of them, ithink it was 76.10)
It's not so much the processor as it is the memory bandwidth. With a 64 system the bandwidth would be near 6gb/sec whereas right now it's 3gb/sec.....that's a huge increase.

I haven't tried anything but forceware drivers BTW, sticking with 71.84 for now

Hope u enjoy ur 6800 gt, nubius. can u plz send me ur 6600 GT then? would really appreciate it :)

r u using stock cooling, or did u get a nice one? ive never heard of a 6800 gt running that hot.

Enough of this benchmark talk Can you tell a difference in gameplay?
lol of course I can, sorry for not saying anything but I had to basically go through and reinstall everything haha. Even though I know Ultra quality in Doom3 is mainly for 512mb cards I decided to try it out anyway.

Ultra quality, 2x AF, 1024x768 resolution, runs like a champ, 30FPS always and that's the minimum during a lot of crap on the screen. Other than that it's generally capped at 60FPS :D

I havent gotten to play any other games yet like far cry or HL2 but no doubt it'll be much better there too.

I know the AF wasn't very high, but that Ultra setting is supposed to be quite taxing. No doubt I could run it 1280x1024 high settings, 6xAF or so no probs, but I haven't tried yet.

For all those "Send me your 6600GT" lol I said it's part of the eVGA step up program. You have to send in your previous card so they can resell it. ;)

Swat 4 plays maxed out 1280x1024 no probs lol but I kinda figured that since it's not exactly ridiculously intensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom