One Terabyte hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panther, your right about microsoft. Probably in the year 2030, Microsoft is probably going to make OS about 20 gigs lol.

No Such thing as to much Storage!

There is No Such thing as To much Storage man!

Back when I got my first desktop ..A Epson Equity II with a 10mhz 80286 chip, 1meg of ram, came with only CGA {I paid extra for EGA ...VGA was over 500$ then} came with a 20meg HD I paid extra$$$ for a 40meg HD ... My Friends all said what are you going to do witha 40meg HD your never going to fill that up!

Well needless to say I did!!! and now I have a 3PC network with 1.3 Terabytes of Storage... And I still DO Not have enough space!

SO there NEVER will be such a thing as TO MUCH STORAGE!

migraine@knology.net

well, ive got about 20 gigs of music files, about 20-30 gigs more worth of movies i like to shoot and edit for fun, and about 15-20 gigs more of games. 70 gigs worth - ive got a 120 gig hard drive. maybe 1 terabyte would be worth it, but not for another year or so. its a little ahead of its time.

dhw200 said:
well, ive got about 20 gigs of music files, about 20-30 gigs more worth of movies i like to shoot and edit for fun, and about 15-20 gigs more of games. 70 gigs worth - ive got a 120 gig hard drive. maybe 1 terabyte would be worth it, but not for another year or so. its a little ahead of its time.

Well just Get what you need....I take that back allways get more than you need!

NOw Mabe you do not need 1.3 TB's Not every one does....

But I found it's best to get about 2x as much space as you thing you will need.

migraine@knology.net

Hmm i just found 3TB worth of archives and backup's from the past 6 years ive been online..... There ALL on CD-R's..... anyone got a few TB hdds? lol

if u have a lot of music files in the mp3 format, u could change em to smaller, better storage formats. i forget the formats, but im sure a google search would find what u want. u could clean up several gigs doing this.

My buddy has a 1TB drive, got it for just under a grand on eBay. Lacie also has 2tb drives, and they also have 4tb drives. Who needs that much space? I NEED THAT MUCH SPACE!!!

Yea i need that much space because a lot of them files are very important to me, most arent music, there just pictures of me and amanda and friends, plus some game mods ive downloaded over the years.....

I'd be funny for the person who finally fills up his terrbyte drive after 10 years of trying to get a harddisk failure and lose all that data because they were too lazy to backup. I think I've got enough to fill up a terrabtye. I've got about 150-200 pr0n DVDs, that might be enough.

you'll fill 1TB, but not in the near future... it'll take at least 5 years to fill up, unless you donwload crap all day and who the hell knows how much you rip and video editing and stuff you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom