case fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
ok - who's ready for a dumb ass question - can you fit a case fan anywhere you like or does there have to be special cutouts on the case.

Also with a mobo that supports 333FSB - what is the fastest AMD you can put with it (have 2200 at mo with 462 pins) and will it work with DDR400 even though it's different speed ram.

333fsb=ddr333 unless you raise it i think

also, the fastst amd for socket 462 (sock A) is the amd xp 3200+, but imo there's no point in buying one when you can save and upgrade to socket 939

edit: oh yea, and as long as your molex connector on the fan can get power, u can put the fan anywhere

i bought a DDR400 going cheap and put the make of mobo into crucial site and the result came up with DDR400 even though the mobo is 333/266/200 i think - so I assumed that running a faster Ram would be ok - maybe it just runs at the FSB speed ?? i hope it works otherwise I've wasted money on RAM

i know it won't run at 400MHz 'cos the FSB is a bottleneck, but i got the DDR400 'cos it was a steal - i justed wanted to confirm that it would actually work, as the mobo spec sais 333/266, but i was fairly sure that you can have a faster ram than fsb and that it would just run the ram at the fsb speed - problem is i don't really understand the electronics so it's all double dutch to me!!

Case fans have 3 standard sizes, 120mm, 92mm, and 80mm. 80mm spots in your case will fit 80mm fans and so on...

In the case there should be some sort of grill with holes and 4 holes for screws, thats where you put the case fan. Usually cases support 80mm or 120mm (120mm on newer enthusiast ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom