Converting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
im pretty sure you would need a specific video card..
Is it possible to transfer / record / convert a VHS to a computer?
or even to a DVD?

yep, do it all the time, vcr into a TV card, and encode into whatever format you want on the fly---->vhs ripping

TV tuner card, you can perfectly good used ones these days that do a good job for about $20

Yeah that GT will be awesome for watching the TV that you will hook up to the VCR (you say you won't now, but you will in time...) so that way can record TV.

The Tuner simply slips into a PCI slot and you run cable into the VCR, and VCR to the tuner.

Most tuners you can get bundled with software for a decent deal.

cant recommend any software for you, have no clue what windows users need,to be honest, the software bundled with most tv tuner cards sucks from what ive seen

I think the url is http://www.hauppauge.com thats one of the most popular brands, I got a used one from matrixsurplus for $20 shipped

incidentally, not too uncommon for windows software to not allow the full capability of the card to be used, at least thats been my experience, realistically though 640x480x24bit color is more than adequate for VHS ripping, if you want to be HDTV capable your looking at a card thats about $125 these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom