LimeWire error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
I installed Java and LimeWire and when I went to start up LimeWire it had an "fatal internal error" and then it shuts down. I reinstalled both and redownloaded both and I still get the same error. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Java 5.0 update 2 I hope?

Did you uninstall old java first?

You should uninstall old java, reboot, delete the java program folder, clean java stuff out of registry, install new java version, reboot, go into msnconfig and disable the startup item jusched (java update schedule) and then reboot again

That's probably the best way to do java, I'm thinking you got a registry conflict somewhere.

Hello Sport1031

I'm not absolutely sure what the problem is but I suspect that due to Limewire being written in Java, it probably uses some of the same files (dlls or whatever) that Java does. If one of these 2 is overwriting a system file of a different version required by the other, you will get this type of error.

I suggest you download the latest JRE from Sun Microsystems (uninstall Limewire & the current JRE first) & try again

Uninstall everything that has to do with java,After you have done that download limewire again and run it and it will install java for you,It should fix your problem and you shouldn't have any conflict's with it.

That's what I did the first time but I got an error. So I uninstalled and reinstalled seperatly, but it still didn't work.

Just a thought, but have you tried installing them in a different order?
i.e. If you have been installing java first followed by limewire, then try installing limewire first, check that it works, then install java (or vice versa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom