has the audigy 2 ZS platinum pro been discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
has the Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro been discontinued. i checked it on amazon and dabs and it does nto seem to be there.

what is the alternative to it if it has been discontinued, i had my hearts set on it.

i am in the UK, unfortunately we dont have newegg in the UK :(
what do you think of the 2zs platinum
any competition?

Yeah the Turtle beach cards are in good competition with the soundblasters, and IMO kick their @$$

I need to get a new soundcard before I spend 600$ on a pair of studio monitors :)

In case you didn't know the only difference between the platinum pro and the regular audigy 2 ZS is the external box. If you have no need for an external box with extra connectors then I would just get the regular audigy 2 ZS.

i thought the platinum pro fits in the 5.25 inch drive?
do you mean to say the pro actually sits outside the PC and talks through some interface, whereas the pci sites i nthe 5.25 bay?

hey apm thanks for the link to the links

The card itself goes into a PCI slot. With the audigy 2 ZS pro there is an extra box with extra connectors in it that goes into the 5.25 inch bay. This is only necessary if you really want these extra connectors though, if you only have one set of speakers or the headset you only need the card, and you can connect through the back. The Audigy 2 ZS platinum Pro has the extra box with extra connectors as external instead of fitting in a 5.25 inch bay. Both the boxes are about the same with volume knobs and what not, and both come with a remote. The only real difference is one is internal the other is external.
Hope you can understand my explanation.

oh, so if i am running out of 5.25 inch bays, i go for the platinum pro

what kind of remote do they come with?IR?
i suppose there is some sort of cable connecting the 5.25 inch box to the PCI card in the case of the 2 ZS pro and in the case of the 2 ZS platinum pro there is some sot of cable which comes out of the back of the computer case to connect to the external box, correct?

Yes that's all correct. I'm not sure about the remote though, but I assume it is infrared.

Also have you considered the audigy 4 pro? It comes with an external box like the audigy 2 zs platinum pro but it is a better sound card. If you can afford it I would get that since it's the latest sound card and not too much more expensive over the audigy 2 zs platinum pro. Should be only about 20 pounds more (if I did that conversion right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom