One half of the screen red

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
I've been posting around with this:

After running the DX9 Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting stress test (http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/index.html) all day (8 hours or so), I find that one half of the screen (the right) is see-through red...Unfortunatlely, I don't have a screenshot.

I've run this extensively before (yes, all day long) and have not had this problem with the program in question. Or any problems with my system of any kind for that matter. This has only happened since I've installed Service Pack 2... :confused: Specs below.

My GPU temps are around 54C idle, 78C under HEAVY load (like in this test).

All my drivers are up to date, inc. Forceware 71.84.

Thanks.

This has only happened since you installed SP2, huh? Well, there is your error. SP2 is still SOMEWHAT new and stil has some extreme bugs. Perhaps the software isnt completely sp2 compliant, so it glitches. Just a theory. Do a rollback to SP1. I've heard that you only get a good working machine with sp2 from a clean install.

I forgot to mention that- yes, I installed SP2 from a clean format. To be precise it was the second thing I installed on my computer, the first being by Chipset drivers.

EDIT: Everything else is working fine though, everything... it's just the DX9 real-time stress doesn't, well, stress so well as with SP1... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom