6800 GT power connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
You plug one end (end with the 4 pins) into a molex connector from the PSU and one in the 6800GT. The other end (with 4 holes) is if you want to connect another perpherial so that the 6800GT doesn't waste a connector.

There's only one end to a connector unless you have a modular connection type PSU where you can remove any power cables from the PSU itself.

Male molex goes into female connector on the 6800GT

Yeah and? That's what I'm talking about.......

There are no cables that connect to the PSU unless it's a modular connection PSU...and then after I addressed that I said how to plug it into the 6800GT

on my graphix card its got two male 3 pin connectors coming off of it. Do i plug both of those ends in? i didn't mean plug into the psu.

It should have come with a cable with one male 4-pin connector, one female 4-pin connector, and a male 3-pin connector in between. Plug the male 4-pin connector into a cable from the PSU. Plug the male 3-pin connector into the female 3-pin connector on the 6800GT. If you need it, you can use the female 4-pin connector for another hard drive or optcal drive if necessary. Otherwise, leave it unpluged.

The card should not have two 3-pin connectors on it.
gf6800-6pin2.jpg

Post some pics of your cables and connectors so we can help you more. Also, I'm assuming you PCI-E. If you have AGP, let me know.

I just got XFX 6800gt card and plan to overclock...

But in the manual states I need a minimum of a 500watt powersupply to overclock!!!! Is this true? I just brought a 480watt Antec Cool Blue does that mean I'm screwed? Cause I calculated how much watts I would need and it was safely under 480.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom