Socket 939 Heatsink (need one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
I'm going to get a 3200 winchester or venice (if it arrives here soon) and will be overclocking but don't know which heatsink and fan I'll need to handle the heat.

Recommendations?

Actually that's not compatible with my lanparty, it's too big for it.

I really need one that'll be great for overclocking.

not the best actually. thermalright have the best two, either the xp120, which is huge and only fits sum boards or the new xp90c which fits all the boards its been teast on, they both cool to about the same temp (2-3C lower than that zalman) my 3200 goes upto 2.6 np but have it back down abit just to keep it happy :p

The ThermalTake XP120 is a very good performer, but it's design is also it's down fall. Like it was mentioned above, it simply doesn't fit on some MOBOS. Here is a site that lists it's compatibilities.
http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=254

The xp90c is new and I haven't heard very much about it. It does look a bit smaller in design and it is all copper. All Copper is a good thing. Can't say much about it. ThermalTake is a very good company though, across the board.

My choice would be a "Zalman (all copper) 7700" or "Zalman 7000" it depends on your wallet.

I have the Zalman (all copper) 7700, it keeps my FX-55 extremely cool. USE Artic Silver 5 only!!!

The 7700 won't fit my LanParty board but...

The 7000B-CU will but I'm not sure about the ThermalTake XP120, can't get any info about it. But I guess it's a choice between the two, opinions?

Personally I'm thinking about the 7000B-CU, I've read good review for it and it offers the same CPU cooling as the 7700 and is guaranteed to fit my motherboard.

Plus it's £6 cheaper than the XP120 (which might not fit my board) and needs a 120mm fan.

hewhohasissues, i posted a link that clear outlines and gives plenty of info on the XP120, it even has a chart of MOBO's that it fits and MOBO'S that it doesn't fit.

Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom