Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok im startingg linux and i need to know something right know it say i need to burn the iso image on a cd so i can use linux slackware this is my question im using nero it say on one thing i read to burn under image or something. i would like to know what to do i would like to bring this up to school tomorrow.

hmm...how'd you get this iso ;)

btw, you can mount the iso image on a CD with alcohol 120, it's much better (google it), it's free

its the data im using nero express 6 the iso file is the data for linux. im trying to save it on a cd but i dont know how to with linux and stuff.

Its not so much which distro or which hardware, its learning how to do some stuff on your own and just basic knowledge of how PC's and OS's work, nothing against you at all, everyone starts out knowing absolutely nothing, but linux isnt windows, alot of it is do it yourself type stuff, which means many many times your going to have to open some docs or a manual and seach for the answer and try some stuff.

I just know from experience that not having some basic skills makes it that much more difficult,I highly recommend reading some tutorials, there's nothing wrong with jumping right in and trying linux or windows or any OS for that matter, BUT, you get further faster and learn more by doing as much as you can on your own first, then asking for help.I dont know how big the docs are for windows, but with linux its about 32mb of freakin text, its like a damn encyclopedia, there's a whole bunch to learn and know.Im not saying asking questions is bad either, thats what this place is for, but you also have to understand not everyone has used the same software, Ive never seen Nero 6 express before in my life till I searched for it just now and took a look and found that answer for you.Your going to have to be willing to read some docs and learn as you go along or you'll be in your 50's by the time you learn linux :) Just the way it is dude

ok but can i still yet read this slackware and not install it so i can start learning at my scshool and bring it home and stuff.

sure, absolutely, hands on experience is prettymuch the only way to learn, no way around that,especially with something like computers

slackware has a tutorial on their webpage, and many others for linux are around

http://www.lowfatlinux.com is a pretty good place to go and learn

here's some basic steps when your gonna do something:
decide what you wanna do
find out what you need
gather what you need
read the manual(s)
give it a try
read manual again
check yourself
then ask someone for help

the above applies to almost anything in life,and half the battle sometimes is just finding out where to look for what you need, google is a good place to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom