The Alien Has Landed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 5600ultra nearly beat beedubayas x800pro. they are both crap cards and one is a whole gen higher than the other. his only beat mine by 3 fps w/ everyhitng cranked like a *****.

NickBrown7804 said:
Man piss on Alienware...

There shit way too overpriced especially for there SLI setup which is BS.

yea, but alienware uses top of the line stuff and has great build quality

Why, dale, do you get so upset when somebody suggests Nvidia? Why do you get so upset because some people like to have the latest technology that will be able to play ALL of today's games magnificantly as well as future games? You have the right to like ATI, but its rediculous that anytime me or PP Mguire say anything about getting a non ATI card, you start bashing our intelligence. I personally find it dumb to pay $600 for a card that doesn't have Pixel Shader 3, which is essential for future games, including future additions to HL2. To show how much ATI has f*cked up this generation of cards, the levels that were once called the "ATI levels" for HL2, will only be available to Nvidia users, all because of HDR and Pixel Shader 3.

its in his sig...p4 3.6 HT, 2 gigs of RAM, X800 XT PE.

About 3.0 shaders, some games might require them in order to use the highest settings or the dynamic shadows, but it is a little hard to believe that the developer is gonna make something that nearly 45% of the market cant do. the ATI/Nvidia split in the market is literally halfway down the center.

beedubaya said:
Why, dale, do you get so upset when somebody suggests Nvidia? Why do you get so upset because some people like to have the latest technology that will be able to play ALL of today's games magnificantly as well as future games? You have the right to like ATI, but its rediculous that anytime me or PP Mguire say anything about getting a non ATI card, you start bashing our intelligence. I personally find it dumb to pay $600 for a card that doesn't have Pixel Shader 3, which is essential for future games, including future additions to HL2. To show how much ATI has f*cked up this generation of cards, the levels that were once called the "ATI levels" for HL2, will only be available to Nvidia users, all because of HDR and Pixel Shader 3.
You are just an idiot. ATI cards will be able to play that stupid mod just fine and probably still faster than nvidia cards. Pixel Shader 3 is such a small thing, ATI has opengl 2.0 compared to nvidia's 1.5 but you hear nothing of that. ATI also has way better anti-aliasing. Pixel Shader 3 is only for pretty, and ATI has plenty of that in other catagories anyway. You act like PS3 is the biggest thing since sliced bread. If that is the best argument you can come up with for nvidia that's pretty lame. It matters so little and yet you make a big deal about it.

Why would someone pay $850 for 6800 ultra SLI setup if it doesn't even have temporal anti-aliasing? OMG? WTF? A waste of money, nvidia sure has ****ed this whole line of cards over.

Get a life beedub

are alienware laptops the best for gaming or for any application

at work we might have to buiy a high spec machine for long simulations, would you guys suggest an alienware?

actually, we would recommend that u build one yourself, as alienware charges about $500+ for their name. you can save a helluva lot of $$ building it urself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom