CRAZY overheating and PSU problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger

Beta member
In the last 2 months my Gigabyte K8ns pro / athlon 64 3400+ machine has blown 3 450WATT power supplies...it constantly overheats when I game ... and occasionally reboots ... I guess because it overheats.... I can't figure out what's wrong except that I notice problems and killing PSU's when I GAME ... so ... is my video card pulling too much power or something ... some kind of defect ( 9600XT 256mb)

I wanted a new video card but I'm not sure if it's the card or maybe something else wrong... anyone else run into this..ever??

What psu is it? as it could be that they are very cheap ones, and when you game it is putting too much load on it, but more likley is that there is a fault in the motherboard though.

:( ... I HATE taking stuff to the computer store ... how can I check whether something's wrong with the mobo??? ... if there is ... it happened during one of the PSU deaths...

wow, nasty problem you got there. I would toss that computer out the window quickly because clearly it is bad karma...
rofl

U need a quality PSU to run a gaming machine. As for checking if something is wrong with ur mobo...im not sure, but there is probably some sort of diagnostic software out there.

it overheats to 78º and stays there while gaming ... I'm gonna try ordering a heatsink ... any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom