Building my first gaming PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
For the first time i went to a computer site went through and picked parts out for my own gaming comp, it only came out to 1500 canadian (i think i could go as high as 2000 canadian) i got all the proces.parts off tigerdirect.ca and any review of good parts and bad parts with some explenation would be greatly appreciated to guide me on my way. Here is the PC ( i most want to run real time strategy games, battle feild 2/vietnam and half-life 2 and its many mods)

Asus A8N-SLI deluxe nforce 4, Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Crosair PC3200 2x 512mb ram
eVGA Geforce 6600, 256mb (i dont know about this card?)
Aspire X Navigator case and powersupply/ 500watt/ 2x 80mm fans/1 120mm fan.
Seagate/160gb/7200/sata-150 HD.
Total: 1500.99

So all help appreciated please explain reasons for parts not being good and offer some advice. Would this comp be able to play the games listed? And for a SLI motherboard do you NEED to ahve 2 graphics card or will it work with one?

Also i could nto find any CPU fans for 939 socket any help?

Thanks.

fairly nice setup across the board, with two things that could use improvement:

the case has a built in 500 watt PSU. keep in mind that the PSUs that come with cases (unless the case is made by antec or thermaltake) suck. u might be better off getting a case without a PSU and getting a nice antec to put in it. also the video card: i would upgrade to the eVGA 6600 GT. more powerful card (200 mhz faster) for only a few bucks more.

You will not have any problems running those games at all. I would deffinetly look into the GT for the Evga.

And if im not mistaken the case your looking at has a good Psu. With 34 Amps on the 12 volt rail. I would not buy another psu for that case. Look at newegg.com they have a lot of cpu accesories.

Coconut...

for your graphics card, get the 6600gt 128mb (memory doesn't matter)

and if you have more money, get the x800 xl

Looks pretty decent but whats the point in getting a lamo vid card. If you have about 400 dollars american u can spend get a 6800 GT.

No way should you get SLI on a budget board. If your not going to take full advantage of the SLI then there is no point in getting it. Drop down to a regular 1x pcie board and go from there. Save you lots of money.

dale5605 said:
Don't get the 3500+. Get the 3200+ and an x800 xl video card. This would be much more balanced and better overall.
Also, do you really need SLI? You're paying a lot of extra money just for an SLI motherboard.

btw here's the vid card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-041&depa=1

word.

And if im not mistaken the case your looking at has a good Psu. With 34 Amps on the 12 volt rail. I would not buy another psu for that case. Look at newegg.com they have a lot of cpu accesories.

Coconut...

it's not a quality psu, it's a shitty psu with a shitty name and that 34amps is just it's peak (for example, it's like having a company that makes $100/day and then one day you get a huge order and you make $10,000 that day and then when someone wants to buy out your company, you tell them you it makes $10,000 a day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom