Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on what video card to buy that is around $100? I am leaning more towards Nvidia than ATI.

i have a AMD Athlon 64 3300+ processor clocked at 2.4 Ghz. if that would help.

#1 by your processor I assume you bought a prebuilt PC, like HP. Technically I dont call your 3300+ an Athlon 64 either because it has the cache of a sempron but with 64 bit instructions.

Okay for this amount of money your looking more into the ATI cards, one suggestion I would like to throw around is an ATI 9550, probolly one made by gigabyte.

If you want to spend a tad over 100$ get a 9600PRO \ XT

Ok thanks.
Also is there anyway then to upgrade the cache on my computer?

yeah, when one purchases computers from big companies like HP, you really need to do your homework. just because a computer looks good and sounds like its good, doesn't mean it is good.

before this thread i had never heard of an Athlon64 3300+. but like what DJChris said, it probably has sh*t for cache. so in the end your 3300+ with probably 128, 256, or MAYBE 512KB of L1 or 2 cache is slower than my 3200+ with 1MB of L2 Cache. you really need to know what you're buying so you're not sitting in this forum asking if there is any sort of way to upgrade cache in a CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom