Problem with 9800SE Pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm sold.

I'll be getting the pointed out by Nubius. I ran the two links by a bunch of my CS clan members, and it seems that nvidia would be the better choice. One of them explained the constrictions between the lower and higher end GT models, and how most games are built to run on the 6000 series of GeForce. I came back in here, and Nubius's last comment removed all doubt and sealed the deal. I'll get the 6800 GT.

I appreciate all the time everyone put into helping me out. Again, I learn much everytime I post in here and reap the knowledge of all the replies lol. Thanks a bunch.

Hmm....maybe with that customer testimonial I can get a job at eVGA! :D

Good luck in your future endeavors and game playing ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah just don't forget to format since you're going from ATI to nvidia or you'll run into problems, blame me and the video card and we don't want that :D

No I didn't say powercolor was bad I was just saying if he had a problem with them then get sapphire. I have a powercolor x800 xl and the thing is sweet lol, I love powercolor with all my heart, don't misinterpret. :p

I'm not sure what CS people you are talking to but counter strike is built for ATI, not nvidia 6xxx series lol, I mean in a way but, you know what I mean maybe. Not sure if that's the only game you play or whatever but it would actually run a lot better on an x800 xl than it would on a 6800 gt. Of course for other games you might want the 6800 gt, I guess that really depends. Just saying if you are a one-game guy like me and your game is counter-strike then you can get solid fps on an x800 xl with full aa/af compared to the 6800 gt which will struggle a lot more on those settings.

And about your powercolo, perhaps powercolor is doing a better job nowadays. Look at the reviews on their x800 xl's, they did a really fine job on this card I think.

No I didn't say powercolor was bad I was just saying if he had a problem with them then get sapphire
I was just comparing experiences. I have no idea what a good ATI company is so I was basing it off of what he said about them. It's just like XFX for nvidia, madwad loves his but overall I think they aren't good quality cards.

PS3 Dale, PS3!!! We can't forget about PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt any dude, since the Valve guy himself on 'Attack of the show' said he had a personal BIOS towards ATI.......and HL2 is made for ATI.......so why would nvidia pay him to apply PS3....that's a ridiculous theory, it simply makes the games look a lot better and for whatever reason ATI is taking forever to add that ability to their cards

That mod will still probably run better on ATI cards, despite the lack of PS3. However quality probably will take a slight hit, but it would just be the quality it is now, with pixel 3 stuff looking slightly better maybe.

Where can I obtain OpenGL?

I've searched google etc and still having troubles finding it!

rofl yeah I noticed that. You spent too much time on the forums :p

Anyways, just to be show off, once I get everything, this will be my system.

ASUS P4P800 SE Mobo
1 GB Corsair XMS DDR400 PC3200 RAM (I already have 512 of this)
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800GT
Pentium 4/ 3.0E Ghz 800FSB, L1 12+16K L2 1 MB
Hitachi 80 GB 7200RPM SATA HardDisk
Western Digital Enhanced IDE 80 GB HardDisk
Thermaltake Highest Xaser III Super Tower Case with 420W Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom