Venice Cores A+ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
More cores than that I do believe, and like 4 or 5 more upcoming. :D

Venice looks very appealing right now, if the 4000+ San Diego drops in price by summer that looks like an excellent option for me right now.

It has a low temp bug though meaning it doesn't like to work at -90C....darn....I'll never run my venice at -90C lol...it does however easily OC up to 2.8GHz with a good water cooling setup.
Seems someone found the cure. :D

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58907

and like 4 or 5 more upcoming.
Like what? As far as the 3200,3500 and 3800 chips around those areas are concerned, venice and San diegos are the absolute newest revisions. San Diego hasnt even been shipped yet so what other cores are you referring to?

Of course the higher up chips will have different cores, but those are a different league. When I listed those 4 cores it's mainly meaning the OC'ers choice chips IE 3000+, 3200+ and 3500+ specifically

Weird, I clicked on it again to make sure it worked on your first post about it, worked for me, don't know why it's not for you

Like what? As far as the 3200,3500 and 3800 chips around those areas are concerned, venice and San diegos are the absolute newest revisions. San Diego hasnt even been shipped yet so what other cores are you referring to?
By upcoming I didn't mean like next week if that confused you. ;)

Denmark, Egypt, Toledo and Italy have all been planned and are expected within the next year to provide a variation of dual core solutions.

And AMD has already started qualifying 65nm chips and plans to have them replacing 90nm by 2006. =/

God damn.......... I think ill wait till 2010 to build my next machine... by then there will be realy good technology out, and things will be settled down around here...

Denmark, Egypt, Toledo and Italy have all been planned and are expected within the next year to provide a variation of dual core solutions.
lol well damn, dual core is a little bit further down the road haha, I was meaning the more immediate cores available. Plus duals of course will pretty much be in their own league.

I didn't realize so many of the core names though were turning to cities and whatnot.

Those new processors can crush any processor with OC. Now since they are loaded with 1mb cache, only the operating frequency limits them. Witch this is no limit. What differs them from a 4000 or FX? Nothing now. A 3200 can go as far as a 3.46 EE now. Thats what i love about AMD. Instead of spiting out new and more expensive processors. Just make what they have even better. The significance of these processors are insane. All you need it a 3200 and your set.

Now a 3200 can own an older 3800. The 3200 can own a 4000 now. These processors are the best thing AMD has done yet.

Yeah, i wonder what the CPU market breakup will be in a few years time is AMD just keep getting better like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom