Low Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah =/ I've heard many people talk about that. Basically if you aren't in america you get screwed for shipping and/or taxes in the rest of the world.

I have a hard enough time getting decent hardware now muchless if I was getting taxed like that

Ahh man I just noticed they are 2-3-3-6 timings? Man for like $15 more you coulda got what I got Patriot XBL's with 2-2-2-5 timings, the massive difference is the fact the XBL's will OC to 266MHz if not further.

Tell you the truth, I don't really overclock that often and another thing the only reason I bought that RAM is because it was really, really late and I was just getting tired so I just bought that, really didn't put much thought into it..

Should have but didn't, either way - wont be overclocking it, just using it for everyday things.. so :) - I'm sure I'll be happy, hopfully!

yeah you won't notice any diff between 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-3-6 it's only when you want to overclock that having the 2-2-2-5 good RAM is important.

in one of the comments the person says their highest stable overclock was "262mhz at 2-2-2-6 @ 3.3v"

Not sure if that's a good clock or what-not but seems decent anywho.

He said that was his best, but stable was 245MHz which is impressive nonetheless....however the thing to take note is the amount of voltage used to get that high. Most boards won't even give you the options to go up that high. Can't remember for sure if that particular DFI does or not, but in most circumstances you'd need a volt mod. If that is his OC that indeed is good, but he knows what he's doing if he's using a DFI board with a mobile processor.......can't say I agree with his choice of RAM though lol. He could go well past that with less voltage using different RAM, but using that high voltage is what allows him to have tight timings

Ok, So when i go to get my ram im looking to buy a 2-2-2-5 latency?
what does that mean anyway?

I coulda sworn I already answered that question...deja vu I guess.
lmao

That's how many clock cycles it takes to do stuff with the memory. The lower the numbers = the faster it is.
Some people like nubius will tell you to get the value ram with the higher latencies because you can't tell the difference. But personally I think the speed does make a difference and you should get the lower latency stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom