Where does the HD cooler go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay after too much time it's installed.

1: Take HD's out

2: Put back in

3: Power cable stuck, take out

4: Put back in

5: Another power cable stuck, take back out.

6: Put back in

7: Had to take it out again for some reason i forgot

8: Back in

9: Power supply lead stuck and unplugged, back out it goes

10: Put back in, boot

is there any temp drop? i used to have a one but it made more heat than it disepated and was making noise so went in the bin. my 120mm fan at the front botom of my case blows over my hdds and thatll do me fine :)

I've never really seen a point to hard drive coolers, they don't get particularily hot as long you have good case air circulation, and I have a 120mm fan moving air accross my hard drive cage (I aim for this in every case I buy) so I've never been worried with a problem.

They should be installed at the bottom, but you can install them above the drive and I would recommend installing it wherever it benefits the most.

aj2003 said:
is there any temp drop? i used to have a one but it made more heat than it disepated and was making noise so went in the bin. my 120mm fan at the front botom of my case blows over my hdds and thatll do me fine :)

lol yeah. that's what I was getting at. Having extra fans is nice and dandy. But, place them in the wrong place and blow air in the wrong direction and u are screwed.

Personally I wouldn't mess with the cooling system designed by Thermaltake and such. I am sure these guys have done lots of simulations to get it just right. Put a random fan here and there, and u just "might" screw something up in the way the air is moving :s.. In a crappy case however anything goes. lol

You see their are also 4 80mm fans blowing on the hard drives. I am going to design something for my coolers so the air flow does not impede eachother though.

It dropped 50% in temperatures VS OAT. Which was a 2 degree drop and left 25% for error, and temperature readings were not taken in stress conditions nor at the same OAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom