Where does the HD cooler go

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Does it go ontop of the hard drive or below it???

I picked myself up two for 4.00USD and they have a nice fan on em, gonna give em a try

hmm.. never installed a HD fan man. But, since warm air rises to the top by natural convection, I'd say you should probably direct the fan air flow keeping that in mind....

Then again, it depends on your case characteristics too........ It'll be nice if you could mod your case and install a nice grill infront and install a fan to blow air out. Bah. Cooling is a science in itself..:mad:

If you're on about the ones I think you're on about.....then you mount them on the bottom ie next to the circuitry

The bracket which has the 2 fan's on goes underneeth the electronics, it has just enough space to slide in the support bay with the HDD it's self.

I already have 4x 80mm fans on my front

and my HD is between 1-4 degrees above room temp.

Thanks, I will install my HD thing, and watch my temperatures not drop lol

ApM said:
The bracket which has the 2 fan's on goes underneeth the electronics, it has just enough space to slide in the support bay with the HDD it's self.

So you are saying the fan should go directly below the HDD taking up an extra bay? Would there be enough room for sufficient air flow? And what about the component just on the other side of the HDD. Wouldn't that get warm air then? Never installed one, so just curious :)

I fixed mine right under the HDD where it's suppose to go, NOT taking up an extra bay but like I said it just has enough room to fit.

It may get warm air it may not depending how your airflow is setup really.

ApM said:
I fixed mine right under the HDD where it's suppose to go, NOT taking up an extra bay but like I said it just has enough room to fit.

What kind of improvements did you observe man? Wouldn't the device above it get warm air then? I always "thought" it would be a good idea to blow air from the side towards the front/back of the case instead of up and down.

EDIT: nm. Didn't see your edit re: the warm airflow.

If you have one you'll understand, theres basicly only one place where the one I've got can go unless you decide to move the HDD bays - but dought it ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom