NIC to share internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Well, SBC as an ISP sucks. Every time I set up a router (my Trendnet or my DLink) they shut off my internet until I revert the settings back to one computer and they refuse to help me. Both of the routers have worked before on these computers on other ISPs.

Now my current situation is that I bought a second NIC card for my main comp to share internet and files with my AMD machine. The NIC card is disabled due to an IP conflict. The conflict is that the main computer should be such and such IP and there is another piece of hardware that shares that IP. Problem is, the second computer has a totally different IP address, so I have no idea what or where the conflicting piece of hardware is.

What should I look at, any settings I should change? I have run the network wizard, but it fails because of the disabled NIC.

EDIT: both computers are XP Home SP1

If your router supports it, clone the MAC address of your PC. Then they won't really know that you have it hooked to a router, it will look as though it is connected to your PC.

It's kinda shady for them to kill your connection for using a router... I'm not sure they can even do that... you need to read your agreement terms really really close.

We can't even get online to configure the router to do that. Or, how would you go about doing that without going online?

Thnx for the info.

Also, we can't configure the SBCmodem to bridge mode because it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom