Need Advice for building a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a nvidia fanboy. Pixel shader 3 doesn't do crap. I have found absolutely no use for it whatsoever, But even if I did it probably wouldn't even help that much.
Omg a mod for a game is going to have pixel shader 3, what my card is now useless? wtf?
yea sure, pixel shader 3 is a waste, I bet everyone on these forums that has pixel shader 3 has never even used it rofl

The new HL2 level is just one of the first showcasings for it. All newer games will have it is what he's pointing out. It's not a huge deal though, it's like my FX 5700 couldn't run DX9 in HL2, sure it didn't look AS good with DX8.1 but it was still a very nice eye candy filled game regardless.....don't know how much of an effect PS3 will have, probably more than the DX8.1 to 9 though, because the preview of the HL2 level with HDR with a split screen of the level without it, looked crazy

exactly, beedubya mister nvidia fanboy thinks that any card without PS3 will be completely useless, which is so much bs. Ok perhaps in the FUTURE a few games will start using it, but even then the cards with PS2 will handle the games just fine with maybe just some slightly less pretty effects or whatever, who the hell cares about that. ATI has temporal anti-alising which probably looks a lot better than a game that uses PS3 anyway.

ATI has temporal anti-alising which probably looks a lot better than a game that uses PS3 anyway.
Well they can smooth out edges easier, but since PS3 is what would make the actual graphics and details come to life I think that's pretty much two different categories there. But yeah as far as edges and lines are concerned ATI can smooth those out quite nicely

I am going with ATI, that is my final choice on the matter,

Aslo, I have seen one comment on power supplies, could we please lean our comments more towards that and less on the merits and failures of ATI and Nvidia?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom