Attempt to boot, restarts during xp load

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
Welp, I downloaded a game Japanese game and mounted the images and installed it, everything was fine. It came with a .sub file which normally adds in "English Subtitles" during movies or gameplay however I wanted to hardcode the subtitles into the game since the .sub wasn't being read properly. I used Daemon Tools and mounted the .sub as an image, this caused my computer to reboot and while going through the windows loading screen (black screen with windows logo says windows XP) it would flicked then restart (software restart) and do the same thing over and over again. Did this as well during safe mode. Reverted to old settings when during bootup it displayed windows was not shut down properly blah blah. Still trying to figure out how this happened. I'm guessing an attempt to use a .sub as a virtual drive can really screw things up...

Who said it was illegal? It's an unlicensed game in the united states. It's only sold in Japan. Plus how do you know I didn't download it from a pay to download site? Theres many out there, gamespy has one.

Is that what caused the problem because it tried to boot a .sub when Iused daemon tools to make a .sub a virtual drive?

the .sub file is sub channel data related to a CloneCD image, one which is a copy of a cd, which probably wasn't meant to be copied. (aka. copyrighted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom