soundcard & exhaust fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
hi, I am building a PC. I have been given a PCI shape exhaust fan - obviously doesn't actually use PCI slot, but it would sit right next to Soundcard. Do you (whoever) think that the dc motor might have an impact on the oeration of the scoundcard, although I suppose it may help it if it cools it down!! I plan to use th PC for producing music so the sound quality is V.Important.

Cheers

why would cooling a soundcard increase it's performance? that's pretty dumb if you think about it

pci coolers are used for gfx card, but even then, gfx fans > pci coolers

well diabloII - presumably a soundcard uses the same electrons as other electronic devices and therefore produce a certain amount of heat. Without knowing the exact workings of a soundcard I would presume it would benefit from being colder rather than hotter - even if the temperature is not even an important factor. What I really wanted to know was if there might be some interference from the exhaust fan if it was right next to it.

duncan said:
well diabloII - presumably a soundcard uses the same electrons as other electronic devices and therefore produce a certain amount of heat. Without knowing the exact workings of a soundcard I would presume it would benefit from being colder rather than hotter - even if the temperature is not even an important factor. What I really wanted to know was if there might be some interference from the exhaust fan if it was right next to it.

well now that you brought it up, you COULD overclock a sound card ;)

not that you want to.

the exhaust fan is not there because of the soundcard - it is there to improve the airflow inside the case generally!!

It is possible that there may be interference.I would go ahead and try and see if it picks it up or not.(fan noise that is)

ok - cheers - thinking about it - if it is a DC fan then it won't produce any stray signals anyway.

You wont have higher peformance by cooling something unless it's overheating, and I have never seen a soundcard that has been cooled :)

And the fan will not cause interference, and you cannot OC a soundcard really...

thanx dj chris - i like direct answers - can you tell me if the M-Audio 2496 is a good card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom