RSS and WindowsUpdate not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

koltregaskes

Solid State Member
I've had this problem for a while (and like I've mentioned in my other 2 posts I have recently re-installed my system from scratch and still have this problem).

It appears the 2 are related but I cannot download any RSS feeds (I have used and tried IntraVnews and Newsgator - both programs that use Outlook) nor can I download any update available to me on WindowsUpdate.

OfficeUpdate is fine, but the problem 'seem' to start after I installed Office. I was able to download and install updates from WindowsUpdate with no problem at all, and luckily got all of them down and on before the problem started (bar one).

What happens with WindowsUpdate is that I can go to the page fine, I can search my computer for sofware that needs updating fine, but when I click on Install and the dialog box pops up listing the updates it's downlooad. The updates almost immediately come up with ...failed!.

The error message from the install history log is 80072F78 but I have followed many, many links from Google for this code and none of the solutions mentioned help.

I've also reported this to MS, we have gone through lots of things but they seemed to have given up.

Does anyone have any advice to find a solution?

Are you behind a firewall? (Hardware or Software?) And what version of word and windows are you running?

I use ZoneAlarm Pro, I have a router but I've not touched the setings for the firewall on it. The router is a D-link DSL=604+ wireless job.

Word/Office = 2003
Windows XP Pro SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom