What's your biggest computer disaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother had a pretty bad disaster. Put together his computer and we have 2 cockatiels who like to play around in dark places, anyways he left it on the floor in his room to use the bathroom as mother nature called. I walked into his room and I found our two birds running around his case, I chased them out but I knew it was too late, feathers and bird shit were all over the motherboard. I'm pretty sure feathers conduct electricity because he tried to boot it up and it was black screen lol.

Sui said:
2nd worst disaster was me drunk and attempting case mods.... computer worked and all, but man it was ugly, definitly not something you could take to a lan party

Yeah i did case mods with a blowtorch

Fan stopped working on my Geforce video card. So I bought a new fan, heatsink the whole bit. Went to "remove" the leftover glue/gunk from the old heatsink and "whoops", slipped and ended up gouging my card and sending it to the dumpster. Ouch. It was an awesome card for the time too, and expensive. I forget which model now. arg.

got to hastey when putting together my new skt 939 mobo and bent some pins putting it in.had to spend about 5 hours with a razorblade,office lamp,magnifying glass,and a bottle of aspirin.good stuff....wont ever happen again though.

geekster said:
One time I posted a negative comment about hackers and people who create viruses. At the time I didnt have a firewall. The next day my virus program alerted me to multiple worms and multiple viruses and the end result was a xp repair install.
Nice just nice that's the funniest thing i saw!!!

I had a screw jammed between the mobo and case and shorted it out. Computer wouldnt boot. Luckly, it was a $30 mobo that came with my eMachines. Now I have a custom built one.

I tried to install Windows XP on a Celeron 600Mhz and only 64MB of RAM. Had to reformat, the damn thing wouldent even boot up.

worst thing that ever happened to my comp (years ago, i dont even remember the specs) was it took a hit during a lightning storm. whole thing was trashed.

Another, more recent one issue was with a floppy drive. put a disk into it, pulled it out, and the metal slide didnt come out. spent the afternoon taking the drive apart to get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom