Microsoft XP Corporate Pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbienthehouse

Baseband Member
On another computer I'm using Microsoft coporate edition xp that I borrowed from a friend. I just have a few questions.
1. Is it alright to get updates from microsoft.com or will they get me?
2. When I start my computer, very old one, it says floppy disk failed (40), however when I log into XP it says that a floppy drive has been detected and installed. Should I worry about this or is XP fixing this everytime I boot up?
3. I'm have a D-Link 524 wireless router running at protocol 802.11b. Is it easy as getting a wireless desktop card and installing it to get a wireless network, or would I have to do more?
4. Also I have another hard drive, not installed yet, about 10 GB that is known to be corrupted. There is some information that I want. Can someone help me through the process of getting that information or is it too late?

Here's all the information I know about my computer:
AMD/ K-D 450 MHz 192 mb ram 8GB hard drive, 32mb Nvidia graphics card, 54mps ethernet 40x cdrom

Well thanks for all your help.

1.Did you use your friends CD key?
2.Are you running two OS's or just the XP?If XP fixes it does this happen the next time you boot into XP?
3.All you would have to do is get a wireless PCI card 802.11b and you would be good to go.Just enter your SSID name.
4.Just set the second hard drive jumpers to slave and attempt to get the data you need.The the drive is to corrupted then it depends on what the data is as far as saving it.

Microsoft will get your PC identification through the pirated version of XP, track it to your residential address and post your personal information at Microsoft Headquarters for Bill Gates to analyze. :p

Discussing how to use pirated software, warez, cracks etc etc is not allowed here. ;)

tribalsun said:
Microsoft will get your PC identification through the pirated version of XP, track it to your residential address and post your personal information at Microsoft Headquarters for Bill Gates to analyze. :p

Discussing how to use pirated software, warez, cracks etc etc is not allowed here. ;)

I dont think so...I've been using a pirtated edition of XP Pro Corp for 3 years now, the same cd, never had a problem. Get all my updates, etc.

Well just to let you know, on my regular computer I am running a legal version of Windows XP Home edition. On my old computer I tried upgrading and that didn't work b/c the cd was messed up and I didn't want to talk to people in Bangladesh.

To answer other questions.
1. Yes I entered in the CD key with no problems.
2. I'm running just one OS, that is Windows XP corporate edition. After XP finishes fixing the floppy drive, I restart and the same thing happens again and again.
3. What is the SSID name?
4. A weird thing has happened with my hard drive and cdrom. Both right now are running as a slave with no master. I guess I need to fix that before trying to see information on the corrupt hard drive. On the hard drive all I want is some papers I drew up a few years ago.
Thanks for your help.

Warez Monster said:
I dont think so...I've been using a pirtated edition of XP Pro Corp for 3 years now, the same cd, never had a problem. Get all my updates, etc.

I was being sarcastic in the 1st part of my reply. :p

1.I asked if you used your friends CD key or do you actually have a valid CD key.
2.I would go through device manager and update the driver from windows/system32/drivers and see if that fixes it.
3.SSID (Service Set Identifier) is the name for a wireless network.Example Linksys default SSID is linksys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom