I also need to do spring cleaning.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I noticed another thread about cleaning out the old comp. I've never done this before. How do I use the canned air to clean the comp...............as in 'proper method'. I don't wanna mess anything up. I know the comp has got to be full of dust.

You may want to have a lint free cloth handy too (the cloth you clean glass's with.)

I have used a fine toothed brush to clean the tricky spots, but only do that if you have a anti static wristband on.

have a bin near by, as if your pc is like this, than there would be alot of dust to collect afterwards.

picture3175ty.png

It looks alot worse in real life, where you can see how thick the dust is.

-Completely unplug the computer
-Dont use water
-With the air, like said above, dont tilt it or turn it upside down. I did a couple of times by accident and was lucky to not crack any parts :p lol.(because the canned air is liquid nitro and although dangerous, fun to bug ure friends with ;), haha)
-A small brush would be best for cleaning heat sinks. Ever seen the little tiny brushes people use on thier braces? well those seem to work quite well for the job at hand.
-Also try to keep ure computer standing up, gets the dust out and it doesnt just fly around in the case.

try to do a good job and dont take just like 5 minutes to clean it up, it pays off in the end. The thread you saw with the spring cleaning was mine and as i stated my Temp went from Idle 60 C to 35 C Idle. Which i thought was awsome :D

Word of advice: If you haven't cleaned your comp in a while (or ever), wear a dust mask.

Trust me on this one... Blowing mud out of your nose is no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom