Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never heard of it before.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpill

Solid State Member
I recently bought a 512mb DDR400 off a friend and am throwing up whether to have a total of 768mb DDR333 or 1024mb DDR266. I use my computer mainly for programming, web browsing/downloading & games.

Specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2000+
Asus A7v333 Mobo
Radeon 9600 Pro
52x Burner/16x DVD Rom
Ram support up to DDR333
Running WinXP Pro

i originally had 2x256mb DDR266 and DDR400 (512mb DDR266 total)

The DDR400 will only clock at 333 when in the PC and i'm aware of that, so the question is;

768mb DDR333 or 1024mb DDR266?

Any suggestions of benchmarking programs to use? I could use 3D Mark etc. but i was thinking more along the lines of a memory program?

Are you sure you cant force it to run at actual speeds. I know my DFI board lowers memery speeds and timing when you put in normal sticks, but can be easily set to actual specs.

I would think one gig would be better, but benchmark it. I think Sandra has a memroy benchmark.

you wont use the full 1024mb so it would be better to have less but faster. get a program thatll measure how much of your ram your using and put the 768mb in and see how much is free, if there is like 50mb free, (which there shouldnt be) youd do better putting the 1024 in but if there is more than that the 768mb should do fine

Use PCMark04 because it gives perfoemance of your computer, not 3D performance which 3DMark would do.

To fnd out how much ram is free,

pic0gy.jpg

I think you will be better off with the faster ram, but to be sure do a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom