gpu temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
ok i started ocing my gpu card and its running really well now. nice and crisp. but im wondering how far it can go. its currently idling at 63 celsius. that seems way high to me.

63 is way too high; if you leave it at that idle, eventually it'll be "nice and crisp" just like your games

get a better vga cooler

well 53 is acceptable, but you should try getting better cooling such as the zalman 700cu

yea that should fit on np. you have to remember that gpus run alot hotter than cpus. its not uncommon for them to reach 70C+ and because of that they are designed to be able to run hotter. i dont know how much this applys to ati card cos i use a nvidia but i presume its then same.

i was told watch the idle temp on the default speed if you overclock and its over 15-20 degree increas then its way too hot and need to back it off or better cool it.

Sound about right to you guys?

In one of my PC's i have a X800XT PE OC'd from stock 520/560 to 580/600. I have it cooled with an artic-cooling silencer 4. When I installed it i didn't use the artic cooling thermal compound, instead i used the ole faithful, "AS5". I've got it on the GPU and all 8 RAMS as instructed with cooler manual. Even at these speeds the highest i've ever seen the GPU was 54-58C.

I've been running this card at 580/600 for the last 2 weeks and haven't had any problems yet. No artifacts, No Freezing, No reboots, No Crashes, nothing... Hopefully i didn't just curse myself. Knock on wood.

When it comes to OCin' you much take proper cooling precautions.
Or, don't bother, because you will have problems. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom