Need Advice for building a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hey, now guys, don't get too off topic.... hrmm, to the suggestions by Dale and VIII, Dale, I think your configuration is wel above 3500, and VIII... ATI is the way I am going on this... hrmm...

Now, to ask more of you all..

Hrmm

I have heard one suggestion for CPU cooling, any others?

Hrmm, also, what is the consensus about the HD config... Should I do 2 WDs and a 200 GB? or some other configuration...

Here is the new and improved list:
Processor: AMD FX-55
CPU Fan:Zalman 7700-cu quiet CPU cooler(unless it won't fit on the board, any other suggestions for a CPU Fan?)
Mobo: ABIT "Fatal1ty AN8"
Memory: 2x Corsair XMS 512 MB
Video Card: ATI Radeon X850 XT (this is the one I've decided on)
Sound Card: Audigy 2Z Gamer (is it really necessary?)
Drive(s): Lite On 16x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW (looking for another one, perhaps just a 52x CD-RW... should I stick with Lite-On or should I do NEC?)
Hard Drives: 2x WD Raptor 73GB in Raid 0 w/ something big... 200GB for storage... (Newegg is down at the moment, mayhap it'll come back up before I am done...)
Monitor: Samsung 19" Black LCD... 8ms response time
Case: Lian Li "PC-V1000B" (should I go with PC-V1200B? It's 4 inches deeper)
PSU: ULTRA X-Connect 500W Modular ATX (or the 600W suggested by Dale... any advice concerning this choice?)

And this all totals to about... $2925... with out S&H, or the large HD, or another drive, or minor things that I will inevitably forget.

Am I missing anything? Or does anyone care to comment on my choices, most particularly the questions in the parenthesis.

Thanks for all the help, and please do not... argue, remember, you came here to help, not fight...

Alright, good day to you all, and thanks again...

AMD FX-57 (when it comes out)
Zalman 7700cu
DFI Lanparty UT (for 2x eVGA 6800gt) or you can wait for Asus premium for 2x ATI 850 xt pe for AMR
2x 512mb G. Skill LE pc-4400
2x 74gig WD raptor in RAID0
1x 200gb seagate sata
1/2x NEC 3510A dvd-rw
Lian Li "PC-V1000B
OCZ Modstream/Powerstream 600w or PCP&C 510W SLI (the one dale suggested is WAY better, the ultra x-connect is a piece of crap)
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=24-116-347&DEPA=0
that's the one i have bookmarked that i'll probably get (imo it's good, but there might be better choices)
for soundcard, the audigy 2zs regular or m-audio revolution are good from what i've heard

Lol, diablo dude. the fx-57 costs like $2900 Australian.. its a bit out of his budget

Oh is his budget australian? I didn't notice. Yea I guess mine is a little overbudget then, sorry, I thought that was USD in which case it would be in budget. :p

no, im just sayin the fx is 2900 in australia, so convert that to american and youve taken about 2/3 of his budget.

no what the hell the fx-57 isnt out yet for retial just get a fx-55 which costs around $1298AUD to be specific and i know this because i live in australia, im not a really big fan of ati or nvidia but i would go with nvidia at the moment if youve seen some on the tests done nvidia turns out to be overall better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom