For those who are interested in Mandrakesoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex4R

In Runtime
After spending weeks balancing pros and cons, Mandrakesoft has decided to change its name. The name change will apply worldwide to both the company and its products. The management team sees two good reasons for this change:

1. The recent Mandrakesoft - Conectiva merger calls for a new identity that better represents the combination of two key companies and their global presence.

2. The long-winding trademark lawsuit with Hearst Corporation has reached a point where we decided it is more reasonable for us to move forward. By adopting a new name, we eliminate the liability attached to the Mandrakesoft name and we can focus on what is important to us: developing and delivering great technology and solutions to both our customers and our user community.

We will endeavor to build even stronger brand recognition in our new name. So what is the new name?

The winner is ...

M A N D R I V A

Why Mandriva? This new name, simple and efficient, is the synthesis of Mandrakesoft and Conectiva. This will further a smooth transition and will build on our existing brand recognition in the IT world.

* Company & Products

Mandriva is the new name for the company. Mandriva Linux is the new name covering products.

Additional derivations follow directly: Mandriva Club, Mandriva Store, Mandriva Expert and so on.

http://www.linuxlookup.com/modules....=article&sid=3351&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

I have a feeling linux is about to undergo some serious consolidation soon.The big corps are gonna jump on board and attempt to sanitize it and sell it.The new GPL licensing is coming out or is already out, going to be interesting watch what happens with that.I really hope no more redhats pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom