AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao.. u DID look at the benchmarks on that link i posted right?

the 2.7ghz oced processor (2.13ghz 770 pentium-M is the un-overclocked version) did shut out the athlon fx-55 in all game fps benchmarks.

the 2.13ghz won about half i believe, all extremely close, but in stuff like multimedia/encoding and shizzz like that, the fx-55 beat the un-o/ced pentium m 770. drew about even with the 2.7ghz pentium M,

so, looks like in stock performance, the pentium m 770 and the athlon fx-55 drew about equal in the fps benchmarks, but the 770 got beat in multimedia.

i hope they come out with benchmarks pitting the fx-55 @ 3.0ghz against the 2.7ghz pentium m 770, that would be interesting.

oh btw, i stumbled across another benchmarking website that showed benches about the same as the benchmarks shown here, but *SIGH* i forgot to save the bookmark, instead it saved "www.comcast.net... stupid firefox.

The Pentium M is faster, cheaper, more coolerer, and less powerer usererer than the FX-55. 'Nuff said.

dont wanna offend u dale, but u have proved time and time again that u r an intel fanboy. I personally prefer AMD cuz i think the architecture theory is cooler.

This is the way it works:

Pentium's run cooler, but slow down when they get hot (hot for Intel is 40 degrees)

AMD's run hotter, but run 100% throttle all the time (hence why they burn out on people running crappy cooling) - They have a temperature threashold of "quoted -- 95 degrees" but would probably burn out at about 75+ depending on how long it's running that way for.

Celeron's are crap, they're Intel's budget CPU's and shouldnt be used by anybody except schools or librarys trying to save a buck.

redpill, hot for intels is not 40C...

my preshott (i dunno where i saw that but it was sumwhere on these forums and i love it:p ) runs at about 50C, even with a heatsink that is 6 inches tall, 4 inches wide and 4 inches long.

I dont know much about amd athlon architecture, so no comment on that one.

and yup, celerys are for budget systems, EXTREME budget systems, even then id rather have a 2500+ barton, i can occccccccccccccc baby :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom