Need Advice for building a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh invidia = envy.. becuase people envy anyone with an nvidia :)

nah, for real though.. the x850xtpe is the best card around, but with your budget you should go all out and get SLi 6800GT's which cost about the same as the x850 and would outperform to my understanding.

Processor: AMD FX-55 - Perfect, best cpu around.
VPU: ATI Radeon X850 XT - I would suggest 2x 6800GTS
HD: 2x Western Digital Raptor 73GB in Raid 0 - Change to 2x 36GB's in Raid for Windows. and add a 200gig 7200rpm or something.
Sound Card: Audigy 2Z Gamer - Great
Optical Drive: Lite On 16x Dual Layer DVD +/-RW - Fine
MoBo: ABit "AX8" or "AV8"... I don't know.. - For the 6800GTS, get an ABiT a8n sli deluxe
RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 512MB DDR PC-4400 - yeah.. great
CASE: Lian-Li - the best cases imo.. fits your request perfectly.

Speakers - if u can afford them - Logitech z-5500 $250

just thought id add in my own opinions

aspire.comptech said:
fx-55 $900
abit fatality mobo $220
1gig ocz ram pc3200 $160
either 2x 6800 ultra's or two x850xt's $1000-$1200
dual raptors $250
audigy 2z gamer $200 really dont need this
lian li tower $200
x-connect $100
17 inch lcd $400
wireless keyboard and mouse $90

total cost $3470
this will own anything
Ok ATI can't SLI. Also wireless sucks big time. I would be surprised if you are a gamer, because gamers don't get wireless unless they are dumb.

VIII, no they don't cost around the same. The x850 xt is like $450. You tell me where you can find 2 6800 gt's for that price. Oh yea, that's right, you can't.

Anyway poster I would get this motherboard for sure, it's a beast:
Abit FATAL1TY AN8 NVIDIA NF4 Ultra
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-196&depa=1

then get the fx-55
x850 xt
sound blaster audigy 4
2 raptors in RAID 0
got to have good cooling :D :
zalman 7700-cu quiet CPU cooler
http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-7700-cu-cpu-cooler.html

the top of the line power supply of course:
OCZ PowerStream 600 Watt
http://www.xoxide.com/ocz-powerstream-600-watt.html

4 512MB sticks of some good high performance ram, either corsair xms or OCZ, something like that.

some nice dvd burner or whatever
case with good cooling
large CRT monitor with superbright modes, excellent for gaming, but if you have a space issue then lcd I guess
a really good surge protector with at least 3000 joules absorption
some good surround sound speakers or surround sound headphones like the zalmans

and that should about do it for a top of the line ownage computer
:p

dale5605 said:
Ok ATI can't SLI. Also wireless sucks big time. I would be surprised if you are a gamer, because gamers don't get wireless unless they are dumb.

VIII, no they don't cost around the same. The x850 xt is like $450. You tell me where you can find 2 6800 gt's for that price. Oh yea, that's right, you can't.

man your a full dumb (unt. I can't even be bothered arguing with you so thats all i say.

VIII said:
man your a full dumb (unt. I can't even be bothered arguing with you so thats all i say.
Man, you're a full-sized dumb person. I can't bother arguing with you right now, so that's all I will say.

Learn English before you start calling me dumb, rofl.

Too bad I didn't quote your post before. You edited it to say x850 xt pe, which would cost as much pci-e version. AGP still cheaper though.

Nice insult, what is this middle school? Or has that insult made it all the way into the elementary schools? Probably has, thanks to all those liberals...

Ouch you guys got called down by a newby member :p Dale has been acting up more lately it seems..... and dont talk about how i type, i can speak english just fine, just dont know how to type it all out :p

Well sometimes when you deal with socially retarded people all day, it tends to get to you when you come to the one place where theres half normal people and find morons like him. It gets the best of me, so in future I suggest you stay out of my way because I wouldnt want to say/do something you'll regret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom