Ati Silencer VGA Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB), made by Ati, and I wanted to overclock a little bit, and everyone seems to be recommending the Ati Silencer 1 by Arctic Cooling. But there are 2 version of that cooler, the old one with the blue fan (rev. 3), and the new series with the black fan. Which one is better, and why? Should I spend the extra money for the new series? Or will the old one work just as well? Please post any comparisons, reviews or any other useful information.

Thanks, and any help is appreciated. :)

more money=better

few dollars=better performance

less money=not as good

not spending that few dollars=regret

pretty much it (how bout the zalman 700cu, maybe that's better than the silencer?)

Im sure the new one has a better fan, with more CFM. This can always save you a few degrees. For VGA coolers, you pretty much want the best you can get your hands on. They arent expensive, and some just dont work well.

I havent experienced any of those yet. I'll be getting the next best one this summer. But again for VGA coolers, just get the best.

Well, thanks for that information, it was basiclly all I needed to know. Thanks again for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom