the final draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
id like to overclock, but i just think i am not nearly experienced to take that on. but id love to.

and yes i love my machines quite, the sound is annoying when im trying to sleep and my dad's room is next to mine and the comp is real close to the wall and he hates it.
so the quiter the better.
but if my cpu will fry **** it. ill put a 747 propeller in there.

and what is a LED exactly

Onboard sound is fine man, unless you are just really anal about uber quality sound which most people wouldn't even notice.

The only thing about onboard sound though is it has a tendency to die a lot quicker than of course having a good sound card like the one you picked AND, sometimes, if it's a real intensive game meaning CPU and GPU intensive, then the sound can get choppy since the CPU is trying to process it all.

All in all if he picked out the sound card I'd say let him keep it since he chose it already, obviously has money and good taste in a quality card lol. Better to have it now than wait for onboard to die and then go with no sound until he can get the card.

LED's btw castro, are the things that are behind your power button that make it light up :D Basically he's asking if you want to make your computer 'flashy'

EDIT: Well.....it's fairly easy. Just read the sticky at the top of the OC'ing thread....get familiar with it 100% and your motherboard, it's BIOS, and read any review you can about your motherboards overclockability and the CPU. Then take baby steps. Sure you might not overclock for like 4 months or so if you felt like it, but the point is you might want to down the road and it's real easy especially with all the folks here to help

yea i am a sound freak.
i have the comp hooked up to surround sound speakers in my room. im all about 5.1 dolby. and im gonna be playing doom 3 and i wanna here the monster's slime dripping off their faces and hitting the floor.
if onboard can give me that then hell yea im fine with it.
but its not looking like it so ill probably just throw in an audio card since im constructing

and yea i do like leds and it would be awesome if they could be red if its at all possible cuz my case will have narley blue lights.

and yea itll be atleast not untill next weekend that i start my purchasing
and lol thanks folks i really feel sheltered here :)

yea i am a sound freak.
i have the comp hooked up to surround sound speakers in my room. im all about 5.1 dolby. and im gonna be playing doom 3 and i wanna here the monster's slime dripping off their faces and hitting the floor.
Then keep the card definitely. The onboard COULD handle it, but like I said, it's not uncommon to hear choppyness from the CPU trying to do graphics and sound all at once.

i really feel sheltered here
Then we're gonna kick you out on the street and say GET A JOB HIPPIE :p

lol atleast ill be a hippie with one bad-ass pc.

then ill be able to kill republicans in counter-strike :)

anti-republican eh? You must be a commie :D

kidding of course :p

EDIT: Oh wait, what am I saying, you're castro, you must be a dictator

lol no thats just my last name, my dads from spain.

that son of a b gives us good castros a bad name.

o ive got a question about motherboards and cases.
does the case have to match the motherboard size wise because they r alot of different sizes and is it like a universal thing that they all have the same screw hole spots for the case?

like im getting a 939 motherboard. do i have to find a 939 compatible case to hold it?

r does any run of the mill case work.

no, a standard motherboard regardless of the socket is called 'ATX Form factor' and the cases will pretty much tell you if it can support a Full ATX, or MicroATX board.

Of course by the name Micro you can assume it's just smaller ;)

thank you.
that information will definitely help me determine my choice in cases.
learn something new everyday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom