Need PC help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
how old is ur monitor? i tried plugging a high end card once into an old monitor and the monitor showed gibberish. plugged in a newer model, worked fine.

It simply sounds like the card is overheating or more appropriately already overheated and caused damage. What brand is it?

I'd get it RMA'd as soon as possible.

EDIT: Dhw if it was his monitor, his computer wouldn't shut down ;)

since you just got it this christmas, its still under warranty, it sounds like the card is failing possibly by overheating, have you checked to see if the fan on it was spinning?

Nubius said:
It simply sounds like the card is overheating or more appropriately already overheated and caused damage. What brand is it?

EDIT: Diablo if it was his monitor, his computer wouldn't shut down ;)

eh? it was dhw, not me :D

Whoooooooooooops sorry diablo, allergies are all acting up, guess I just saw a D, and remembered seeing your post :p I'll edit it

"I'd get it RMA'd as soon as possible."
what's that mean, I'd hate to get a new video card now i just bought that one, it's an Nvidia 6800GT 256MB, and it's not my monitor it's a new LCD screen.

Nubius said:

EDIT: Dhw if it was his monitor, his computer wouldn't shut down ;)

lol ur right, i really am an idiot :p

So you mainly think that the problem is with my video card, I need to know for sure if that's the problem or not because i contacted the company and it's under warranty still and i need to know whether or not i should send them it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom